1. Enjoying: I love a good shower gel as much as the next girl, so when I saw that Africa Organics Kalahari Melon Body Wash was organic and natural AND it smelt like orange, I was committed. It’s a beautiful, light shower gel that doesn’t foam up like crazy (no SLS here), and that smells deliciously orange. I would recommend this to anyone who wants that clean feeling minus the nasties in their shower products. Available from Dis-Chem at around R40.
2. Eating: I’m not really a fan of Turkish Delight (except for this one time on a plane from Turkey to Italy, I had the most delicious Turkish Delight with a pistachio in the centre), and I don’t eat it by the block. My pregnant sister has been nibbling on the Turkish Delight chocolate from Woolies lately and I decided to taste a piece. I’m hooked! It is beautiful and tastes like roses in the most delicious way!
3. Watching: Right now I’m getting my fashion fix (albeit from the 80’s) from Season 2 of the Carrie Diaries. As an adoring fan of the tales and troubles of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City (I cried when the last episode was aired), and having read Summer in the City, I was so excited when I stumbled across the series on Netflix.The show focuses on Carrie’s junior year of high school in 1984, while she explores life in New York while interning at a fashion magazine. Miranda and Charlotte don’t make an appearance, but in Season 2, Samantha is introduced. Sadly the show was cancelled and there are only two seasons available.
4. Loving: The Christmas cheer in the air. Christmas is my favourite time of the year! I used to hate mince pies (but now I love them, that’s why they’re on this list), and seeing them at Woolies makes me happy. It’s the little things…
5. Beauty: Highly pigmented and luxuriously soft, I am loving Estée Lauder’s Pure Color Envy Sculpting Eyeshadow Palette in Currant Desire. This luxe palette from Lauder offers 5 eyeshadows that can be worn separately as a wash of colour or together for a sculpted look. The eyeshadows are versatile, as they can be worn wet or dry and are easily blendable. Currant Desire offers 4 neutrals with a gentle pop of colour in the form of a rich purple.
6. Reading: I love bookstores. Like love. I can spend hours there discovering all the beautiful words and pages and and pictures and ideas. I hardly ever leave a bookstore without something, and the day I picked up this book was no different. I had just had my nails done and afterwards, found myself being pulled into this particular bookstore (the name of which I can’t recall). After spending enough time in the store, I decided on some light nightstand reading material in the form of Just a Girl Standing in front of a Boy by Lucy-Anne Holmes. It follows the story of Jenny Taylor, 27, star receptionist at the local doctors surgery, who has things all worked out thanks to a list of ten daily things she must do to keep the blues at bay. Her life is turned upside down when she meets aspiring musician Joe King. And reliable boyfriend Matt proposes. And then her mum leaves her dad and moves into Jenny’s flat determined to ‘bond’. The story is lighthearted, funny and full of rich characters. I would recommend this as a bit of light holiday reading.
7. Play: I don’t have a favourite colour, I have about 7. Colour makes me happy. That’s why when I saw these Pantone Post Cards I had to have them! They’re super cool and fun. I use them to scribble notes to my besties or I use them as gift cards. Très original and much more exciting than usual gift cards. I got mine from Loot. They’re also available from Kalahari.
8. On my Wishlist: The Cara lace pencil skirt from Forever New is just beautiful. It’s sheer and chic, slightly demure and sexy. I can imagine wearing this skirt a thousand different ways! What’s on your wishlist?