“Gently cleanse your sensitive, normal to dry skin with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O, an ultra-mild, non-rinse micellar water cleanser and make-up remover.
Created to suit the needs of those who experience skin irritation and redness, the alcohol-free formula soothes and cools as it cleanses. Sensibio H2O guarantees cutaneous and ocular tolerance for the skin and the eyes with its physiological pH and soap-free base.
The cleanser removes impurities using micelles, which micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance. Added decongesting active ingredients prevent irritation, making the skin feel instantly refreshed, perfectly clean and free from all make-up – including water resistant mascara.
The Bioderma Sensibio H2O micelle water is fragrance-free, alcohol-free, and contains no phenoxyethanol.”
- I like it because it removes my makeup easily and thoroughly
- Because it contains no alcohol or fragrance, it is suitable for sensitive skin. It is very gentle and non-drying on my dry skin
- It’s affordable and easy to use
- It makes for a brilliant travel companion (especially in the smallest size) and it has accompanied me inside many aeroplane bathrooms. It never irritates my skin
- I love the transparent bottle with the pink cap (this also makes it easily identifiable)
- The squeeze bottle allows for just the right amount of micellar water on my cotton pad every time
- If you really don’t have access to water, you can go to sleep knowing that your face is clean
- The only thing it’s not so good at is removing waterproof makeup. Because I don’t use any waterproof makeup, this isn’t an issue for me
Just squirt some on to a cotton pad and away you go. I use it as the first step to my double cleansing routine. I still cleanse afterwards with my Clarisonic and Jurlique Rose Moisturising Cleanser. I don’t get the idea of not rinsing your cleanser off your skin, and I don’t feel comfortable unless I rinse with water (I always imagine some die-hard, nasty makeup particles clinging on to my face).
Some of my friends swear by MAC’s Mineralize Charged Water Cleanser (R280 for 100ml), and I have heard some good things about it. I have used Uriage’s Tolederm Soothing Cleansing Water before, but prefer Bioderma’s Sensibio H2O because the Uriage Cleansing Water isn’t a micellar cleansing water. The difference between micellar water and regular cleansing water is that micellar water is more gentle while cleansing water might contain harsher surfactants. Also, the Uriage Cleansing Water left my face feeling a tad sticky.
All in all, I love this product and can’t live without it. It is hands down the best makeup remover I have ever tried.
Price: R189.95 for 250ml
Would I buy again?: Absolutely
Where to buy: Clicks, Dis-Chem or online at Rubybox