I love micellar water. I use it almost every night as part of my skin cleansing routine. If you don’t know a thing about micellar water, the micelles (which are the cleansing agents) within the solution act like magnets, lifting away make-up and impurities. No rubbing and no rinsing. It’s the easiest thing to use if you want to remove your makeup.
With all the fuss about Garnier’s brand spanking new micellar water, I decided to pick one up from Clicks to test it out.
How to Use it
Simply apply to a cotton pad and gently wipe your face to remove your makeup. You can leave it at that or you can go ahead and wash your face with your regular cleanser.
- It removes my makeup brilliantly
- Because it’s formulated for sensitive skin, it doesn’t irritate my skin
- It’s so easy to use
- It doesn’t dry my skin out (I have dry and dehydrated skin so this is a big thing for me)
- If you are super lazy and don’t feel like going through your routine at the basin, you can use this and go to sleep knowing that your face is clean
- I’m so happy that it’s fragrance-free
- The bottle is pretty, with it’s cute pink cap
- At R79.95 for 400 ml, it’s a really wonderful budget-friendly option (compared to Bioderma’s R189.95 for 250ml) (apparently it’s good for up to to 200 uses)
- The only negative thing I have to say about this, is that after using it, my skin feels a little bit tacky. The tackiness goes away after about 5 minutes though.
All in all, I really really like this micellar water. It removes my makeup super efficiently and even though I feel temporarily tacky after using it, it goes away, so I don’t mind. It’s the closest comparison to the much loved and used Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution, and I would definitely buy it again. It works just as well and works out a whole lot cheaper. You can read my thoughts on Bioderma’s micellar water here.
Price: R79.95 for 400ml
Would I buy again?: Yes!
Where to buy: Clicks